COVID-19 policy for LDC attendees
Vaccinations are required for all attendees. Please review the Covid-19 Policy for more details. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Pushing Past Barriers: Ecological Science for All.
In recent years, we have seen a significant change in public attitudes in support of climate science and sustainability. At the same time, whether it is about food safety, endangered species or protection of waterways, we continue to see the latest science being pushed aside in public discourse. As we embark into a new decade, ensuring that ecology is relevant to all students is vital so that we can prepare all students to be ecologically literate.
* See 2021 Conference Program at a Glance
- How do we transform ecological teaching in order to maintain a connection with a vast student population that is not interested in science and retain those who are to become science researchers and professionals?
- How do we encourage nonscience majors to take away important messages that will inform their personal and professional decisions?
- What does a science-based, culturally relevant and inclusive curriculum that connects student learning to current events look like?
- How can educators activate the appropriate levers of change to overcome systemic barriers to organismal biology education?
Registration and Conference Information
Early Bird Registration
Staying at the YMCA
Staying at the YMCA
|Staying at the YMCA
|K12 teachers and students
Registration fees for participants staying at the YMCA of the Rockies will include morning and afternoon breaks on both Friday and Saturday. All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are included with your hotel reservation at the YMCA. Hotel and shuttle information is available here.
Registration fees for participants staying offsite will include morning and afternoon breaks, meal tickets for Friday (lunch and dinner), Saturday (lunch), the cost of daily visitor passes, and taxes.
Registered participants will be able to attend all regular sessions on both days of the conference. There is an additional fee for the pre-conference field trips. Before signing up for field trips please check your travel arrangements and remember to factor in time zone. All field trips listed are in Mountain Time.
*Please note that we will not process credit card payments onsite. All payments must be made by check payable to the “Ecological Society of America”.
- On or before September 1, 2021: Written request of cancellation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A refund of registration payments for cancellations will be honored with a $10 processing fee. If cancellation is due to health-related issues, the processing fee may be waived.
- In the event that the conference has to be cancelled due to the pandemic, ESA will refund all registrations. Please note you will need to contact YMCA Estes Park for hotel reservation cancellations.
Why do we ask about your background?
In order for us to understand our audience, we have included a set of
questions about yourself and your educational setting. This
information allows us to prepare our speakers, report our reach to our
funders and better monitor the effectiveness of our reach. Information
will only be reported in the aggregate. Thank you for your
** NOTE 1: Login is required to register for the conference
Login if you are an ESA member. Create a new account if you are not an ESA member.
** NOTE 2: Registration Tips [Save, or Update Responses] Button
To begin the
registration process, click on [REGISTER MYSELF/SOMEONE ELSE] and select the
applicable registration type. Please note the [SAVE RESPONSES] button
on the right side of the screen just before the section on Field trips. You will need to click on the [SAVE RESPONSES] button
BEFORE you Proceed to Checkout. If you see a message that you have
missed some questions, return to the registration page, and enter your responses again and then click on [SAVE RESPONSES].
Should you have further registration difficulties, please email email@example.com.
LDC Participant Liability Waiver
All Attendees must accept the LDC Participant Liability Waiver and show proof of vaccination during registration check-in. You may review the Covid Policy here.
Meeting Code of Conduct
All attendees must review and adhere to the ESA Meeting Code of Conduct.